AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
2020 - Eight-page demonstration feature in December 2020/January
2021 issue of International Artist Magazine (#136)
- FAV15%, BoldBrush Painting Competition (December 2020)
2019 - Painting (Glass Glow) featured in International Artist magazine's
August/September issue #128
- Awarded Signature Status in the Federation of Canadian Artists
- FAV15%, BoldBrush Painting Competition
2018 - Top 10 Artist, McMichael Gallery Autumn Art Sale
- Commissioned by the Station Gallery to paint two commemorative
paintings of the 1929 Port Stanley Boxcar
- Third Prize, Society of Canadian Artists Showcase of Abstraction
- Third Prize, Federation of Canadian Artists Retro Online Exhibition
- Award of Excellence, Manhattan Arts International New Beginnings
2017 - Honourable Mention, Federation of Canadian Artists
Annual International Representational Show 2017
- Merit Award, National Oil and Acrylic Painters' Society (NOAPS)
- 1st Award of Excellence, Society of Canadian Artists
- Award of Excellence, HERstory Exhibition, Manhattan Arts
- Honourable Mention in Artist Portfolio Magazine Q1 Competition
and painting used as promotional image for competition
- Blog published in The Artist magazine (April issue)
- "Moonlight Cafe" painting included in Oshawa Heritage Collection
- Town of Whitby Public Art Project
- People's Choice Award, Station Gallery
- Special Merit Award, Light Space & Time Exhibition
2016 - Award of Excellence, Manhattan Arts International
- Artist Showcase Award, Manhattan Arts International
- Coaching Award, Manhattan Arts International
- Silver Award, Oshawa Art Association's Juried Exhibition
- Third Prize, Station Gallery's "Glimpse" Exhibition
2015 - Ontario Power Generation Award, PRAC Juried Exhibition
- Honourable Mention, PRAC Juried Exhibition
1771 St. Laurent Blvd., Ottawa
Finnegan's General Store
14222 Hwy 41, Cloyne
Sue Miller creates realistically detailed oil paintings using strong design, expressive colour, and vibrant luminosity that immediately resonate with the viewer. She works in oil on canvas, capturing the effect of light on form and developing the unique colour, characteristics, and cultural aspects of the subject matter. Portraying everyday objects and moments in extraordinary ways with skillful use of colour, perspective, and vision is her trademark. Inspiration comes from the world around her and the ever-changing effects of light on a subject matter.
With a lifelong love of art and a career as a graphic designer, in 2015 Miller made painting her professional focus. She primarily works in oil on canvas and is largely self-taught although she has taken some classes at OCAD University and Loyalist College.
Some awards include the 1st Award of Excellence from the Society of Canadian Artists, Top 10 Artist at the McMichael Gallery Autumn Art Sale, Town of Whitby Public Art Project Winner, and an award from the National Oil and Acrylic Painters’ Society.
Miller has been juried into some exciting exhibitions such as the Next2 Contemporary Art Exhibition at the Arts & Letters Club Toronto, a number of Federation of Canadian Artists, Society of Canadian Artists, and Ontario Society of Artists exhibitions, as well as the National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society International Fall Exhibition.
Sue earned Associate Signature Status in the Federation of Canadian Artists, was elected to the Society of Canadian Artists and the Ontario Society of Artists, and is a proud member of the Whitby Sunrise Rotary Club.